[Grok-dev] Traverser, Request and URL mess

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 09:22:31 EST 2010

Martijn Faassen-2 wrote:

> [snip]
> We're talking about the ability to generate a URL to something in
> another skin, correct? I.e. to generate a link to the application's URL,
> and the application is *not* in the admin UI skin of course. The other
> situation where this happens would be if you would want the root of the
> site to redirect to the admin UI (which is in the ++grokui++ skin). But
> we have the added complexity that ++grokui++ is its own namespace here,
> instead of ++skin++grokui.
> [snip]

Sorry to dig up an 'old' thread, but I'm running into the exact same problem
here!
I'm working on the YUI/AJAX tutorial, and I want to use an edit form in 2
different skins, the default and an AJAX skin. I'm also using megrok.layout,
so I can define 2 different layouts for both skins: the default skin with
the HTML head, body tags and the menu and stuff, and the ajax skin with
nothing but the page data, so I can load the form html with an AJAX request
and insert it in my page.

Of course, this requires me being able to apply the AJAX skin to the ajax
request, and I was thinking of just adding ++skin++ajax/ to my url's...

I guess the only 'elegant' solution is to write a IBeforeTraverseEvent
subscriber that checks it there is a HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH header set and
then apply the ajax skin, right?

Maybe this would be a good idea for a very small megrok.ajax package?