[Grok-dev] zope.app.twisted still in Grok 1.1 rc1?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:53:21 EST 2010

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> It was my understanding that Grok 1.1 had the zope.app.twisted
> dependency removed, as we use WSGI instead. I was looking forward to
> this, as zope.app.twisted is a *huge* package that packs all of twisted,
> and we could reduce Grok's download size significantly without it.
>
> It still appears to be there, however (at least I see it listed in
> bin/test).
>
> Could anyone tell me what is going on?

Hmm, one thing could be is that we really didn't remove the dependency after
all finalizing the 1.1rc release.

Another thing is: does grokproject still have the option of creating the
twisted-based project structure? If so, we should remove it I guess, before
doing the 1.1 proper release.

regards,
jw