[Grok-dev] dependencies missing needed for Grok 1.1 backwards compatibility

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 15:35:27 EST 2010

Is there a reason that someone would have to quickly upgrade to
Grok 1.1, and not have the time to fix the dependencies in their
own application?  If there is some sort of major security issue
discovered, it should probably be fixed in version 1.0 and 1.1
anyway.

I think having this package available will just tempt people to
be lazy and put off really updating their application.  Either
it just delays the inevitable, or the package would need to be
maintained indefinitely.

I am +1 on good upgrade notes (regardless of whether the
"backwards compatibility" package is available or not).

Regards,
Steve