[Grok-dev] Volunteers wanted as contacts for #grok channel

Roger Erens roger.erens at e-s-c.biz
Wed May 19 05:11:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:19, Michael Haubenwallner <michael at d2m.at> wrote:

> Hi, is there any progress on the registration?
>
> The channel topic still points to Grok-1.1a2 release, would be nice if
> you could fix that.
>
> Regards
> Michael
>
> - --

Hi Michael,

I didn't hear anything yet from the freenode.net people. As they note
on their site, they have a huge pile of requests to work through.

I think our best bet in the short run is to gently ask everybody to
leave the channel (including the bot) for some short period in which
j-w e.g. could restart the channel again with a new message.
And maybe control some bot that keeps operator rights for the channel?

Roger