[Grok-dev] grokcore-1.13.3 not in grok-1.1

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri May 28 06:24:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 5/28/10 11:56 AM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
 > * update to grokui.admin 0.6.2 and grokui.base 0.2.1 to have the
 > template-directory warnings silenced for now. DONE.
 >
 > * update to grokcore.view 1.13.3 that now uses logging for warnings
 > about template registrations. The log level is chosen such that it is
 > easier to ignore those warnings. NOT FINISHED YET (see separate thread
 > about this).

Somehow I got the idea grokcore.view-1.13.3 was _neccessary_ to silence
the template warnings. It is not. Updating grokui.base and .admin is enough.

Updating to grokcore.view-1.13.3 actually is not desired for grok-1.1.1
as it will require updating to a much newer zope.app.wsgi that in turn
will require updating zope.app.appsetup and including wsgi-intercept.
That's for grok 1.2 if you ask me.

BTW: there're __a lot__ of changes in the grokcore.view-1.13 branch and
most cannot be considered "bugfixes". I do know that this is a result of
work on grokcore.view trunk that was not yet ready to be used by grok.
Anyway, let's be careful about what we do in grokcore.view-1.13.x.

regards, jw