[Grok-dev] grokui.base 0.2.1 breaks grok 1.1

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Fri May 28 08:06:45 EDT 2010

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 5/28/10 12:40 PM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> > On 5/28/10 11:56 AM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> >   >  * update to grokui.admin 0.6.2 and grokui.base 0.2.1 to have the
> >   >  template-directory warnings silenced for now. DONE.
> >
> > I thought this was fixed but it isn't. The complete dependency structure
> > changed between grokui.base 0.2 and 0.2.1.
> >
> > This should not happen for a mere bugfix release. What I think should've
> > been done to fix the template warnings, was to create an 0.2
> > __maintenance__ branch, fix the bug an release from there. Now grok 1.1
> > is broken as 0.2.1 suddenly requires way newer versions of zope.app.wsgi
> > etc.
> >
> > What we should do is:
> >
> > * Create a maintenance branch 0.2 based on the 0.2 tag.
> >
> > * Fix the template warnings bug on that branch.
> >
> > * Release 0.2.2 from that branch for grok 1.1.1.
> >
> > Can someone pick up this ball?
>
> Ok, I fixed this on the 0.2 branch. I like to release it.
>
> Souheil, Uli, can either of you please grant me pypi access? Maybe for
> all grokui.* packages please?
>
> Next up is reviewing grokui.admin...

Ok, thanks and sorry for the mess. I feel more and more confused about
all the changes that are okay or not okay depending on the one or other
toolkit list. While I was happy to see z.a.wsgi tests working, I now see
that packages should have been kept at z.a.testing-level. Also testing
changes with the groktoolkit trunk was apparently not enough (although
it eats much time each time you run all the tests).

Some notes about how to test changes before release with a proper set of
packages would be highly appreciated from my side.

Best regards,

--
Uli