[Grok-dev] groktoolkit-releases versus grok-releases

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Oct 6 19:25:03 EDT 2010

Op 05-10-10 20:12, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman schreef:
> Hi,
>
> During the release preps today I realized that what is exposed here...
>
>     http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/1.1.1
>
> ....really is a Grok Toolkit release and not so much a Grok release. I
> can very well imagine, releasing a new Grok Toolkit (for example, to
> support a new line of zc.buildout) without actually having to release
> grok-the-package or even grokcore.*-the-packages.
>
> Not sure if I'm making a point here :) but I guess what I mean is that
> "making a Grok release" is not tied to grok-the-package persé, and the
> grok-the-package version number might even differ from a "Grok release".

I would say if there is reason to update the Grok Toolkit with some new
versions (e.g. a security release of package x.y) but the grok package
itself needs no update, then you can create
releaseinfo/<grok-package-version>-N, so in this case 1.1.1-1

Lurkingly yours,

--
Maurits van Rees
Programmer, Zest Software