[Grok-dev] hurry.resource addition

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 8 12:13:33 EDT 2010

Hey,

On 09/08/2010 03:51 PM, Matthias wrote:

> 1) I can see two ways to realize this:
>       a) Add id = None to ResourceInclusion.__init__ . Store it as an
> attribute which can be accessed.
>       b) Make it a little more generic and add extra_attributes = {} to
> ResourceInclusion.__init__. To add a custom id you'd call
>             ResourceInclusion( ... , extra_attributes = { 'id' : 'myId' } )
>
>       Both ways require the render_css and render_js methods to be changed,
> so they output the id/extra_attributes.

I think an extra optional keyword argument is the right way to go for
this; there aren't that many attributes that are plausible on these things.

> 2) Is this wanted at all?

I have no objection to it.

> 3) If this is wanted, shall I create a patch and send it to this list for
> review?
>
> 4) My version of hurry.resource is 0.4.1 (seems to come from grok or
> dolmen?). Assuming a patch against the latest hurry.resource makes it
> through, can I use the new version of hurry.resource in parallel to the
> version installed by grok/dolmen? Or do I have to wait until there's a new
> grok/dolmen release which incorporates the latest hurry.resource with
> patch?

That's pretty old, we're at hurry.resource 0.10 now. There were some
larger changes in the way hurry.resource is used though and I don't
think they made it into all the version lists yet.

hurry.resource 0.10 is not entirely compatible with hurry.resource
0.4.1, though upgrading isn't difficult.

I think hurry.resource 0.4.1 is locked down in the "grok ecosystem"
list, though I'm not sure whether that's actually used by grok itself.

http://svn.zope.org/groktoolkit/trunk/grok-ecosystem.cfg

This combination of versions can be used to make Grok work with
hurry.resource 0.10:

hurry.resource = 0.10
hurry.zoperesource = 0.6

but if you're using megrok.resource you might be out of luck - I don't
think there's a compatible megrok.resource release yet.