[Grok-dev] Grok + Google App Engine

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 3 20:02:03 EST 2011

On 12/28/2010 02:46 PM, João Alfredo Gama Batista wrote:
> I was googling around and found that back in 2008 there were people
> trying to strip Grok to fit into GAE. Any news about it? Anyone
> interested in make it happen? Can I use some of the components into
> GAE? Which ones?

We have made Grok smaller as it's based on a smaller ZTK now. That said,
it's still a lot of packages, and some of them have C components. I do
believe many of these, such as zope.interface, have been made to work on
GAE (with their python version), but I'm not sure whether people are
currently working on this. You could ask on zope-dev.

One blocker would be the ZODB, which currently is required by Grok.
There has been some work done by Christian Klinger to disconnect Grok
from the ZODB.