[Grok-dev] community documentation deployed on grok.zope.org

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 08:46:23 EST 2011

Hi,

With considerable latency, lo and behold: the community documentation is
being deployed on grok.zope.org:

   http://grok.zope.org/doc/community/

It is updated hourly.

A couple of remarks from my perspective:

* Somehow the "generated on"-timestamp is missing from the index page.
   I think it should be there, but I do not know why it isn't.

* The index page suggests this documentation is for the Grok-1.2
   release. I'm not sure we can claim that for each document. Maybe we
   should label each document with a target version.

* We might want to define a document template for the documentation,
   including the aforementioned target version, author information, etc.

* There's a navigation menu at the top in the form of several tabs. The
   links in there are not correct, but I actually wonder whether we
   should keep the links there in the first place.

* I removed the latex and PDF rendering parts from the build script.
   They didn't seem to work at this moment. At least not on the
   grok.zope.org host.

regards, jw