[Grok-dev] search broken in community docs and official docs

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 11:18:06 EST 2011

Hi,

The search function is broken in the "community" and "official"
documentation trees.

I think this is because both override the "layout.html", that sphinx
otherwise would have generated. This layout.html references several
javascript- and other resources, that are different or no longer
available in the builds by the current Sphinx version.

Questions:

* Do we really really want a layout for the documentation builds to be
so different from a normal sphinx build, to require a layout.html
override (that then needs careful maintenance)? Or should we lower the
ambitions a little here?

* Who created these layouts, and might be able to help me getting things
straightened out again?

regards, jw