[Grok-dev] towards a Grok release: current state of affairs

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 04:13:07 EST 2011

On 1/14/11 17:31 PM, Jan-Jaap Driessen wrote:
  > I discussed this with JW and trollfot, and am not sure how to proceed.
> Introducing the error pages in grok would imply a dependency of grok
> on fanstatic. Trollfot adds that grok should be an aggregation package
> only.

I'd say, grok is an aggregation package *and* defines a particular
policy. One of the policies could be to clear out "need()-ed" resources.
So, I could imagine defining these error pages in the grok package and a
dependency on fanstatic there, I would not mind.

We might actually do so, and later decide they are better suited to
another package, like we did with so much other functionality.

Note that I feel somewhat uncomfortable to define these error pages in
grokcore.view, as grokcore.view should be more generically useful (and
is still "free" of a dependency on fanstatic).

regards, jw