[Grok-dev] grok and templates

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:36:40 EDT 2011

Hello

Having a look at the grokcore.view in depth, I think we could improve the stack.
In my opinion, grokcore.view should not be the home package of the
templates and their grokker.
We already splitted out the template grokker, now, I think we should
externalize the template grokking and definition in another package.
Why ? Well, right now, the template package depends on many things,
like zope.pagetemplate, that itself depends on zope.publisher.
On another hand, we have megrok.chameleon, that, in the mind of many
people, should be the default, now.
I would like your opinion about this stack, as  ithink we could severe
some ties with zope and get closer to chameleon
Also, we could also provide a grokcore.template which could simply
provide a way to declare template-aware components, whatever they are

- Souheil