[Grok-dev] ./var/log vs ./log

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:16:40 EDT 2011

On 5/16/11 09:25 , Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 5/13/11 09:54 , Jeroen Michiel wrote:
>>
>> If you create a new grok 1.4 project, the buildout.cfg specifes the log dir
>> to be ${buildout:directory}/var/log in the [zope_conf] section.
>> However, in the deploy.ini.in, the eventlog and accesslog files are written
>> os.path.join(r'${buildout:directory}', 'log', 'event.log')
>>
>> Shouldn't this also be to ./var/log?
>>
>> In the new grokproject a ./log dir is created, but with upgrading an old
>> project, this dir is not created by buildout, which causes an error while
>> starting in deploy.
>
> I'll look into this. Thanks for reporting.
> regards, jw

Some fixes where checked in just now. If you have the opportunity, maybe
you could checkout the grokproject trunk, buildout it and use the
`./bin/grokproject` command to create a new project? Log files should be
placed in `./var/log` now consistently now.

BTW, I removed the `log` and `data` parts from the generated
buildout.cfg file. There were still there from quite a while ago, when
we wanted to prevent accidental data loss. I think we can by now
consider the deprecation period over, right?

kind regards,
jw