[Grok-dev] The state of Grok projects in the cooking

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 02:32:56 EST 2011

On 9/16/11 10:43 , Sebastian Ware wrote:
> Since we have quite low traffic on the Grok mailing lists I thought
> it would be nice to hear what projects people are currently working
> on with Grok.

Thanks Sebastian for your "update". You're working on a lot of project,
cool to see they're based on Grok!!

You might've noticed I've been "under water" for a while. Reason is
simple: we're very very busy rebuilding a largish mental health care
platform. Using Grok indeed :-)

We still have all kinds of details to flesh out, and looking at the
things Sebastian is doing, I'm confident we indeed *can* flesh out these
details.

Biggest technical hurdle to take at some point is making the UI more
dynamic and "application"-like. Currently we're mainly rendering pages
and the application flow uses the traditional "form-submit-page-reload"
pattern, in the process of getting the application's concepts clear.

So, Sebastian, I'm very curious for *your* approach to making your
applications more "dynamic", like I'm interested to hear from others of
course.

Anyway, I'll try to spend a little more time on Grok again :-)

regards, jw