[Grok-dev] Trigger i18n translation in the rendering method of a view

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Mon Sep 26 07:43:55 EST 2011

I can get i18n translation to work fine in PageTemplates, but how do I force translation of text that isn't inserted into templates?

I want to do this and get the string to be translated:

  from . import ApplicationMessageFactory as _
  class TestTranslate(grok.View):
      def render(self):
          return _("I need to be translated")

I have set my breakpoints and I am trying to figure out how the TAL-engine does this, but I am not making much progress.

Mvh Sebastian