[Grok-dev] Running a grok app on paster on subdomains

Matt Rutherford matrutherford at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:12:40 UTC 2012

I have a domain example.com that runs on a vanilla http server. I will have
multiple subdomains whose DNS records will, for now, point to the same
paster instance running a different grok app for each.

How do I go about changing grok (or paster for that matter) to respond to
request at a subdomain level instead of the usual virtual folder?

So say I have my grok app serving at grokapp1.example.com, by default it
will be reached by hitting grokapp1.example.com/grokapp1 or
grokapp1.example.com/grokapp2. What I want to happen is requests for
grokapp1 come to grokapp1.example.com and grokapp2 similarly to
grokapp2.example.com, dropping the need for the directory in the url.

Is there a way to do this?