[Grok-dev] PageTemplateFile('path/to/template.cpt') does not work anymore

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Mon May 7 10:33:11 UTC 2012

Hi JW,

On Mon, 07 May 2012 12:06:49 +0200 Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:

> On 5/7/12 11:51 , Uli Fouquet wrote:
>> Hi Christian and JW,
>>
>> On Mon, 07 May 2012 11:45:43 +0200 Christian Klinger wrote:
>>
>>> the baseclass is now
>>>
>>> ChameleonPageTemplateFile instead of PageTemplateFile
>>
>> Wouldn't it make sense to offer `PageTemplateFile` as a shortcut as well
>> (additionally)?
>
> I agree. To what extent is the PageTemplate(File) useful in itself?
>
> In other words, why is there *both* a PageTemplate(File) *and* a
> ChameleonPageTemplate(File).

Possibly, because the package grew out of megrok.chameleon which grew
out of another package that provided different pagetemplate engines
(Genshi, I think) and had to mark the differences in names. Clearly not
a valid reason any more.

> I'd rather have just a PageTemplate(File) component. The package is
> enough of a prefix to understand it is a chameleon-based template.

I agree. The only reason to keep ChameleonPageTemplate would be to stay
backward-compatible. Don't know, however, whether it is used widely.

> I could do that right now, as I'm fixing code in our applications
> regarding this issue anyway...

IMO that would be great :-)

Best regards,

--