[Grok-dev] has_render() and has_no_render() checks in grokcore.viewlet versus grokcore.view, grokcore.layout and grokcore.formlib

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:51:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working on some viewlet-ish components that, in their baseclass will
have a render() method. However, the template grokker for viewlets will
complain (as it should) when both a template and a render() is available
on the viewlet-ish components.

To prevent this, I thought to use the same trick as is used in
grokcore.view, grokcore.layout and grokcore.formlib, where the render()
method is "decorated" with a render.base_method = True attribute.

However, this doesn't work for viewlets.

So, I just checked in a change on the grokcore.viewlet trunk where it
now also uses the trick with the render.base_method = True.

If you do no see any objections, I'd like to make a release of
grokcore.viewlet with this change.

regards, jw