[Grok-dev] 'megrok.navigation': Adding two 'index' views

Bahman Movaqar Bahman at BahmanM.com
Wed May 22 04:01:31 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Originally posted on StackOverflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16662293/megrok-navigation-adding-two-index-views)

I'm using `megrok.navigation'. Is it possible to add two |index| views
as `|sitemenuitem|'?

Consider the following case:

|### app.py
class  Index(grok.View):
     navigation.sitemenuitem(IMainMenu,  u'Home',  order=-1)

### mycontainer.py
# this is the default view for 'MyContainer' container
class  MyContainerIndex(grok.View):
     grok.context(MyContainer)
     grok.name('index')
     navigation.sitemenuitem(IMainMenu,  u'My Container',  order=0)|

When I try to run that I get the following error:

|zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationConflictError: Conflicting configuration actions
For: ('viewlet', None, <InterfaceClass zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IDefaultBrowserLayer>, <InterfaceClass zope.browser.interfaces.IBrowserView>, <InterfaceClass myapp.menu.IMainMenu>, 'index')
File "/home/bahman/Work/myapp/src/myapp/configure.zcml", line 5.2-5.27
     <grok:grok package="." />
File "/home/bahman/Work/myapp/src/myapp/configure.zcml", line 5.2-5.27
     <grok:grok package="." />

Apparently, one cannot have two views with the same name (even with
/different/ contexts) on the navigation menu. Am I doing anything wrong?

TIA,

--
Bahman Movaqar  (http://BahmanM.com)
ERP Evaluation, Implementation, Deployment Consultant