[Grok-dev] here's a crazy thought: a grok sprint?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue May 20 10:28:46 CEST 2014

On 5/19/14 10:20 PM, Aroldo Souza-Leite wrote:

> Hi JW,
>
> I don't think your thought is crazy at all. On the contrary, perhaps the
> mad ones are the rest of us, who have been neglecting Grok for no
> rational reason I can think of.

Thanks for the kinds words. I do however not think "others" neglected
Grok anymore than I did :-)

> I find the suggested sprint topics so far obviously useful. Do you think
>   trying to take a realistic look at Grok's current location  in the
>   Great  Scheme of Pythonic Things could also be one of the sprint
>   topics? Just blotting a red spot on the map with the underline "We are
>   here"?.

That would be a nice outcome for a sprint, to know where we stand
//and// to be explicit about it on a new, small, simple website.

This site's story, IMHO, could be something along the lines of "Grok
(and ZTK) have lots to offer, but it certainly has its shortcomings, and
had a certain age to it, and this is where it could fit in for you".

regards, jw.