[Grok-dev] Restarting web development after 6 years... With Zope based tools?

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Wed Jul 5 16:11:04 CEST 2017

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Milind Khadilkr <zedobject at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As of now, my uneducated preferences are, in order, Grok, Zope2 (...4), Pyramid, Flask…

It is not that uneducated.  I really like grok.

I would stay away from Zope 2.  Unless you have something really simple to do.
Grok Zope and Pyramid have a much better view-on-objects model.

I do not know much about Zope 4.

For fun, you may want to take a look at Zopache.com <http://zopache.com/>. It offers through the web development with Folders, HTML, CSS, Javascript, File, Image and Jade objects.
Really a successor to Zope 2. I dream of releasing it as a Docker container in the Docker store.

Anyhow thanks for the interest.  I updated grok and grok.install on github.  We will see what happens with my grok pull request.

Warm Regards
Chris