[Grok-doc] grok poller tutorial

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 08:33:37 EST 2009

Nice tutorial, but there are a few items that will frustrate new
users trying to make the tutorial run.

- No mention of using the Grok Admin UI to add an instance of the app
called "poller", but it is assumed to be done.

- An import uses from "zope.persistent.dict" but should be "persistent.dict", at least for me (Clean virtualenv w/ python 2.5 on Linux).

- The intermediate state using grok.Fields manually instead of the later use of interfaces, throws an exception.

- For the name chooser code,  "Choosename(name. obj)", should be "Choosename(name, object)".

- Several of the required additions to "imports" along the way are not mentioned, so you have to do a lot of reading the errors and adding them.
(You can work through this, but it gets tedious.)

Anyway thanks for the good work, Väinö, Sebastian, and whoever else contributed to this.

Regards,
Steve