[Grok-doc] On "Navigating To Transient Objects Tutorial"

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:01:21 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I've just reviewed the article "Navigating To Transient Objects" and
have a number of comments. (It's a large one and it would be nice to
get this one approved!). All the code examples work without any
change!

I'm going to reread the narrative and double check the grammar, but in
the meantime I have a couple of comments/suggestions:

  * The doctest titled "A Simple Implementation of Natural Numbers"
uses what I believe is an older set up style. It uses:
         def test_suite():
                 return unittest.TestSuite([ DocFileSuite('natural.txt') ])
     but I think this could be replaced with a simple :doctest: marker
considering we are now using the
z3c.testsetup.register_all_tests('package.name') facility to discover
tests.

 * The code example contained within the section "Providing Links To
Other Objects" should import zope.location.

 * The "Providing Links To Other Objects" section ends with the
statement "This should get easier in a future version of Grok and
Zope!". Can anyone verify that the situation hasn't changed with
regards to this functionality??

Advice on these points would be very welcome indeed!

Regards,
Paul