[Grok-doc] On "Navigating To Transient Objects Tutorial"

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Tue Oct 20 19:57:36 EDT 2009

Sebastian Ware <sebastian at urbantalk.se> writes:

> I believe this is your article.  Maybe you could give Paul some
> feedback.

Well, I'm certainly its original author.  But I think it's been worked
on since then - I don't really recognize its first paragraph, for
example, nor does it really seem to make sense.  At least to me. :-)

> On 19 okt 2009, at 16.01, Paul Wilson wrote:
>
>>  * The doctest titled "A Simple Implementation of Natural Numbers"
>> uses what I believe is an older set up style. It uses:
>>         def test_suite():
>>                 return unittest.TestSuite([
>> DocFileSuite('natural.txt') ])
>>     but I think this could be replaced with a simple :doctest: marker
>> considering we are now using the
>> z3c.testsetup.register_all_tests('package.name') facility to discover
>> tests.

I'm not familiar with the newer mechanism, but that sounds very
reasonable!  Try it out, and if it works, change it in the article.

>> * The code example contained within the section "Providing Links To
>> Other Objects" should import zope.location.

You're right!

>> * The "Providing Links To Other Objects" section ends with the
>> statement "This should get easier in a future version of Grok and
>> Zope!". Can anyone verify that the situation hasn't changed with
>> regards to this functionality??

I might have been talking about my "megrok.trails" module (does anyone
actually use that or know whether it still works?) but I'm not sure any
more.  Then again, I might have been talking about something else.  I
really don't know what I meant. :-)