[Grok-doc] Volunteering for a YUI tutorial

Roger Erens roger.erens at e-s-c.biz
Mon Apr 5 15:39:58 EDT 2010

Hello Jeroen,

I continued working through your tutorial and have got a few more
points to discuss.

1)
I did (quite some) editing of your tutorial pages, so maybe you'd like
to diff them with those that you check in at github, in order to see
if you agree with my changes.

2)
In part 2, it might be worthwile to discuss the difference between the
'Home' menu-item and the 'Blogs' menu-item: the Home-item looks much
like a button in a toolbar of a desktop application (cf. the
'Back'-button in Firefox) whereas the 'Blogs'-item looks like a
regular menu in a menubar of a desktop application (cf. the
'File'-menu in Firefox). Clicking on 'Home' results in redirecting to
another page (the home page), whereas clicking on 'Blogs' results only
in rolling up/down the menu-items 'Add an entry', 'Entry 1', 'Entry
2', etc.
I haven't looked into megrok.navigation yet, so I don't know if it is
just a difference between navigation.ContentMenu and navigation.Menu

Maybe we could introduce the terms (menu-)bar and/or toolbar and/or
tab-row, to make the distinction more clear (at least, if you agree in
some way).

We should definitely mention that knowledge about megrok.navigation is
a prerequisite.

3)
In part 3 I guessed that adding a script and stylesheet viewlet should
happen in 'blog.py', not 'script.py' :-)

4)
I am now trying to see what my mileage is in a Grok1.1 environment.
Please stay tuned!

Roger