[Grok-doc] Anybody interested in merging some howtos?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Feb 10 11:33:43 EST 2010

Hi there,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Paul Wilson <paulalexwilson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes - exactly. Your style has not gone unnoticed Martijn ;-) I think
> assigning roles and then asking for progress periodically, with
> launchpad for organisation should be a good start.

You mean just for documentation for more broadly for Grok? I don't
want to overengineer the roles bit, but perhaps we do need roles:

* sysadmin folks (has its mailing list)

* website folks (no mailing list. hm!)

* documentation folks (has its mailing list)

* programming folks (has its mailing list; grok-dev also does more than that)

Of course all these roles overlap in people.

If we have those roles, or *efforts* ("the documentation effort"), we
can do the following:

* put a web page saying: these are the different grok efforts

* point out on this web page who is in the effort (contact people, who
is in charge, even!) and how to contact them (the mailing list), see
launchpad issues that are related, etc.

Regards,

Martijn