[Grok-doc] [Grok-dev] IMPORTANT NOTICE! Community documentation is migrating from Plone to Sphinx

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Nov 10 05:33:09 EST 2010

Hi there,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 11/5/10 20:27 , Sebastian Ware wrote:
> > 3 Optionally create another Spinx project and copy
> >    "Makefile" to the grok-doc root
> >
> >    sphinx-quickstart
>
> Can you elaborate a little on this step? How do I easily create another
> Sphinx project?

`sphinx-quickstart` is for Sphinx, what `grokproject` is for Grok. The
script generates a new sphinx project and also generates some
Makefiles/make.bat files to rebuild docs on changes. I guess what
Sebastian wanted to say is: generate a new project using
`sphinx-quickstart`, pick the makefiles and dump the rest.

With newer versions of Sphinx, however, the commandline API of the
scripts used in the makefiles might change (although IIRC there were not
much changes yet, actually only additions). For example nowadays
Makefiles support ``make linkcheck`` or ``make doctest`` which older
versions of Sphinx didn't support.

>  And isn't it possible to have the Makefile in repository
> as well?

Yes, that might make sense IMO.

Best regards,

--