[Gsoc] Commiting source to svn

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Fri Apr 13 07:00:28 EDT 2007

(I have CC'ed this mail to gsoc list, may be useful to others)

Hi Nikhil,
          I hope you are already started going through Zope
source code, wiki and mailing lists.  Did you send contributor
agreement ?

You can create a branch of Zope 3 trunk to make changes,
Branch can be placed here:
 svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope3/branches/<your-zope-org-id>-py25

Please ping me before doing your initial commits, also come online
in IRC while doing your commits.  We can merge the changes in
your branch to trunk later.

Here are few things I want to point out about Zope's
svn and committing.

 - This page has more information about how to work
   with Zope Subversion:
     http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/FrontPage
   Esapecial Zope SVN FAQ will be really useful:
     http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/ZopeSVNFAQ

 - Also go through subpages of this page:
    http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/Zope3DeveloperInfo

- set svn:eol-style native to new Python and text files

   To set eol-style use this command::

     svn ps svn:eol-style native filename.py

   or a in $HOME/.subversion/config add/replace
   'auto-props' section like this::

     [auto-props]
     * = svn:eol-style=native

 - Make sure that you are committing to the right URL

   'svn info' will give you the svn URL you are working.

 - If you are using a public machine for working,
   use a passphrase when generating the key.
   You can update your keys from here:
   https://cvs.zope.org/account.php

Regards,
Baiju M