[Gsoc] License for code upload to google

Nikhil N nikhil.n.n at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:12:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

On 8/18/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Just to make it absolutely clear: the GPL is not the right license and
> it should be the ZPL. The reason some other zope related problems
> might use the GPL is that people often choose to use it in general,
> and because Plone is GPL and some of these might be Plone related
> projects.

I just asked what to select from those options given in the code
page as ZPL is not present there. This is because when I tried
not to select any of the given licenses one ( the alphabetically first)
was automatically assigned to the project.

> Does google not allow the ZPL to be selected somehow?

There is no option for this currently and google's explanation is
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=56537&topic=10383
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=56568&topic=10383

On 8/18/07, Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org> wrote:
> So the Zope Foundation should contact GSoC to tell them that:
> 1) they'll have change that setting in the google-summer-of-code
> project to read "various" or whatever;
> 2) they should add ZPL and/or an "other" option to their list of licenses;

That may be the best way to deal with it.

Regards,
Nikhil N