[Gsoc] Re: introductions, please

nikhil n nikhil.n.n at gmail.com
Sat May 12 08:49:24 EDT 2007

   Hi all,

I also have the same opinion as that of Ulrich in the matter of
> "making-noise"

   in the community.But even if such noises lead to mistakes we can learn
from
   that and  better ourselves.Still  initially I will prefer to listen until
I reach the
   threshold of creating noise.Let me introduce myself and my project
briefly.

I am a  third year computer science & engineering student  from a beautiful

   place Kerala in India. For years I have been working for propagating free
and
   open sourse software mainly through the Linux/Free software users group
   Thrissur (my  native place).

   I was really excited when my project was selected for SoC . It will be a
great
   experience for a student to do such a project and also I will be working
in two
   of my favorite languages C and Python. Another great thing is that my
mentor  Baiju

> Muthukadan is an Indian from my own state.I am really  glad to have him as
> my mentor.
>
> My project is to run Zope3 using python2.5. I will be initially dealing
> with the

   changes in the C API. Now I am trying to  port the ZODB (Zope Object

> Database) module  to python2.5. Its importance is that it can be used by

non-Zope stand-alone Python applications also. For this I have created
> a branch in svn.zope.org repository. I am also 'getting used' to the
> community

and project environment as said in Martijns mail.