[Gsoc] proposal suggestions

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:48:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>  I think strong collaboration between the three of you will be
>  necessary in order to make this work. I think I disagree with Lennart
>  here, who seems to see more differences between these projects than I
>  can determine.

Yes, I do see clear distinctions between introspecting the object
instance, the class and the component registry.
It is however completely evident that the similarity is great and that
the usefulness of integratinlig this into one whole from a user
perspective is very large.

For example:

- I would like to have a view on object instances that tells me the
attributes, and the annotations of an object.
- If the attribute is an object, you should be able to click on it to
get to that objects introspection view.
- The class of the object should be clickable, and then you would come
to the view that introspects the class, i.e., show all available
methods and doc strings.
- If the class is an Interface, you could click on a "registrations"
link, showing all components registered for that interface.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64