[Gsoc] mentors, get off your behinds and comment!

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite at gmx.de
Mon Apr 7 04:01:34 EDT 2008

Hi Kenneth,

Kenneth Miller wrote:

> If the ZeoRaid project doesn't make it through the process, I'd really
> like to push development forward. I really think we need a stable
> mature application to remove the Zeo Server as a single point of
> failure without investing in expensive hardware technologies or
> expensive software technologies.
>
> If the ZeoRaid project does move through for the Google Summer of
> Code, I would be very interested in assisting the development of this.
> Not through GSoC, but just to further development.

if the ZF gets a few more grants from Google neow that we did last year,
the ZeoRaid project a student has already applied for has has a very
good chance of being approved.

I suggest that you discuss the ways in which you can support this
project, independetly from the GSoC programme, with Cristian Theune
<ct at gocept.com>, the potential mentor of the currently applying student,
in a separate correspondence.

If you want to apply for a GSoC grant this year, please follow Martijn
Faassen's suggestion for a Flint support project posted in this list.

Regards,

Aroldo.