[Gsoc] ZF GSoC wiki 2008

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite at gmx.de
Sun Mar 2 15:42:02 EST 2008

Hey Luciano,

Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Aroldo Souza-Leite <asouzaleite at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>  http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZopeFoundationsApplicationQuestionnaire2008.
>>
> [...]
>
>>  Would somebody please take a critical look at these wiki pages, especially at the Questionnaire2008?
>>  I'm intending to use this for the ZF GSoC application in the middle of this week.
>>

> Hey, Aroldo!
>
> Just a bureaucratic note: when Google says "Please include Google
> Account information" (questions 11 and 12), they want the @gmail.com
> addresses of the people involved.

I managed to get a Google account without a Google e-mail address, but I
think you are right concerning what they really want. Anyway, it has to
be a Google account id, and not only an e-mail address. I'll mend this.
> For question 15 ("What is your plan for dealing with disappearing
> mentors?"), I'd like to repeat a suggestion I made in the feedback
> forms last year: ZF should assign a backup mentor for each student,
> and let the student know who that is from the start. The backup mentor
> for one student may be the main mentor for another student. The point
> is that if the mentor is absent the student has a second person to
> contact.

Martijn is the mentor leader. Martijn, what do you think?
> For question 16 (encouraging student involvement) you could mention
> that last year ZF encouraged students to attend sprints after GSoC was
> over, and even provided lodging, food and local transportation to
> students who attended (at least that was my case!).

Yeah. I'll put some more bragging into that part too.

I'll be working on the wiki again on Tuesday evening and planning to try
the registration on Wednesday this week. Thanks for the feedback, Luciano.

Cheers.

Aroldo.