[Gsoc] Idea: graphical browser for ZODB

Rafael Oliveira rafaelbco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:06:02 EDT 2008

Hello,

relational database management systems often provide a way for the
user to look inside the database and see what is contained in the
tables. For example, on MySQL you can use the text based console or
use some tool like phpMyAdmin [1] to browse the database.

My idea of GSoC project is to develop something similar for ZODB. With
this graphical browser the user would be able to see the objects in
the ZODB and the relationships between them (e.g parent/child
relationships and references between objects).

I'd like to know if it is a good idea and if is there somebody that
would be interested on mentoring this project. (I know it to be better
specified, this is just the main idea).

[1] http://www.phpmyadmin.net

regards,

--