[Gsoc] mentors help! students needed

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Mar 26 09:25:09 EDT 2008

Hi there,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
>  I'm guessing that answers my previous question of whether to propose
>  the component registry helper under Plone or Zope. :)

+1 for Zope, you got a student. :)

Of course it might be we get more students soon. I hope so. I'm
currently aware of 2 students that are going to work on the Zope
Foundation projects. There's one student who's going to work with
Jython and Zope, but his project and mentor will be coming from Jython
(though we need to help him as much as possible, of course).

Concerning your projects, there's potential overlap with what the Grok
introspector needs. The Grok introspector needs a bit more (it wants
to say things about which directives were used), but the base could
very well be shared. We might have a SoC project on this too, but I
think it'll be quite possible to work together - there is plenty to
work on in this area, I suspect.

Regards,

Martijn