[Gsoc] Re: GSOC ZODB Project Proposal : RelStorage support to Microsoft SQLServer

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 09:46:34 EDT 2008

I've spent some time working with SQL Server over the past month. One
 issue you may find with it is the lack of two phase commit support
 with the odbc driver (pyodbc seems to  be the best bet there
 currently). However, the JDBC driver does have support for two phase
 commit. My notes on this are here:
 http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/wiki/MSSQLTwoPhaseCommit

 My partially complete jdbc driver wrapper is here:
 https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/pyjdbc/trunk/README.txt

 Unfortunately, the project I was building it for has now been
 abandoned, so I'm not likely to spend much time on it.

 Hope that helps (or at least cuts off a blind alley),

 Laurence

 ----------
 Hello:

 I've just posted my proposal for GSoC - Zope Foundation Projects, with the
 title "GSOC ZODB Project Proposal : RelStorage support to Microsoft
 SQLServer".
 The goal of this project is to provide Ms Sql Server integration to
 RelStorage implementation for ZODB, (to store pickles in Microsoft's Sql
 Server relational database). Justification of this motive comes from the
 fact that Ms Sql server integration does not currently exist for RelStorage.

 Sincerely,
 Mali Ozbay