[Interface-dev] Re: Some thoughts on attribute specifications in interfaces

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Wed Jun 16 13:06:39 EDT 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Note that thinking about attributes as relationships between objects
> (or specifications of objects) sheds some light on the schema binding
> issue we've been wrestling with:
>
>   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/NoMoreSchemaBinding
>
> It now seems natural to me that, when applying an attribute definition
> to an attribute manipulation task, such as display, input, or
> validation, that we would take the object the attribute is on into
> account.

I think the breakthrough here is the consideration of integrating
adapter facilities with interface specifications. If this can be done
without imposing too much overhead, you've got an incredibly useful CA
language extension.

It will be very interesting what other 'ah has' come out of this :)

  -- Garrett