[Interface-dev] Re: another proposal

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Sep 8 14:28:21 EDT 2004

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> Currently, zope.interface.interface.Method objects have an attribute
> 'interface', which is a string giving the name of their interface.  They
> don't have a reference to the interface they are derived from or the
> module name where the interface is defined.
>
> Would it be possible to hook this 'interface' attribute up to an actual
> interface object, or at the very least to fully qualify the name so that
> the interface object could be looked up?  Which would be better?

I think this was brought up before. I agree that just the interface name
is not enough and I tend to think it should point to the interface
object (since interfaces might not be globally importable all the time).
We need to check whether Method.interface is used anywhere for backward
compatability reasons.

Philipp