[Zconfig] Order of Import?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 9 14:42:50 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote at 2004-7-6 08:49 +0100:
>I have a ZConfig schema which has a Zope.conf path as one of its config.
>options. It also has some options that are dotted strings that get imported as
>modules
> ... "Zope.conf" should be made "effective" first ...

When I understand ZConfig right (I know, I do not yet fully understand it),
then there are two levels:

  *  during sequential reading of the config file,
     the sections and values are resolved into the corresponding datatype

  *  after the complete file is read, associated handlers
     are executed -- in an undefined order.

This would mean that you must put all operations for which
you need control over execution order into the datatype implementation.

--
Dieter