[Zconfig] (Newbie on zconfig) stuck extending zope.conf for my product

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon May 14 12:41:10 EDT 2007

Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> I read in depth the PDF that ships with Zope 2.9 about zconfig and the
> small example that's in default "zope.conf", and the various source
> files in ZConfig and others places with a component.xml, but I'm still
> stuck extending the zope.conf using an "%import ..." to provide
> configuration data to a personal product.
>
> Are there examples of simple products doing this somewhere ? Or a
> tutorial for such a use case ?

MailingLogger does just this:

http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/mailinglogger

Your problem is likely trying to find the generic section type to
implement, you'll need to find and read zopeschema.xml for this, I
believe Tres Seaver added the necessary slot to allow more config to be
plugged in...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk