[Zconfig] [Checkins] SVN: ZConfig/trunk/ - Added SMTP authentication support for email logger on Python 2.6.

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 10:21:22 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Christian Zagrodnick <cz at gocept.com> wrote:
> Log message for revision 110705:
>  - Added SMTP authentication support for email logger on Python 2.6.

Cool!

> Changed:
>  U   ZConfig/trunk/NEWS.txt
>  U   ZConfig/trunk/ZConfig/components/logger/handlers.py
>  U   ZConfig/trunk/ZConfig/components/logger/handlers.xml
>  U   ZConfig/trunk/ZConfig/components/logger/tests/test_logger.py

I notice the documentation wasn't updated, and also that the email
handler isn't mentioned at all in the docs.

Would you like to contribute a patch for that?

> Modified: ZConfig/trunk/ZConfig/components/logger/handlers.xml
> +    <key name="smtp-auth-username" default="" datatype="string"/>
> +    <key name="smtp-auth-password" default="" datatype="string"/>

Why not "smtp-username" and "smtp-password"?  I think that would be
clear.  Authentication is about the only thing we'd want with that
information, so that shouldn't require calling out.

> +    def test_with_email_notifier_with_credentials(self):

Shouldn't there also be tests that show what happens when only one of
username and password is provided?  And shouldn't that be checked for
and turned into an error?

  -Fred