[ZDP] Documentation (like we need any)

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@rice.edu
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:30:28 -0500

Great stuff, indeed. I understand Products much better now (can't wait
for ZClasses, either!) However, here are some more typos to correct (I
tried to not overlap with Bob O'Connor's list)
BTW, many of these would have been caught with a spellcheck.

Ross

>  Zope to use.  Typicly a Product is either created through the
* Typically

>  could create a website with all of Zopes usual tools, but your
* Zope's

>  collection of Snarfs would have to be a loosely collected
>  structure of Folders and DTML Methods and other things.
* collection/collected: how about connected or assembled?

>  relistic example is a message board, where the manager can add
* realistic

>      Database.  Zope Extension can be written in Python, or
* "A Zope Extension" or "Zope Extensions"

>  DTML Extensions are rare, and although you are more than
>  welcome to extend your DTML in any way you choose (and
>  distribute those changes as a Product) be aware that the DTML
>  namespace is clean, and should remain that way unless a good
>  argument can be made against not extending DTML.  Typicly, it
* ??? "should remain that way. Usually, a good"
* Typically

>  becomes internaly represented as:
* internally

>  So by setting 'name' to 'mime' and 'blockContinuations' to
>  '('boundary',) we are telling the DTML parser that 'mime'
* '('boundry',)'

>  case, it would instanciate an object of type 'MIMETag'.  To do
* instantiate

>  this, it would call the objects constructor, '__init__'.
object's

>    New 'mime' objects are instanciated whenever the DTML parser
* instantiatied

>    fines a '<!--#mime-->' tag construct in DTML.  It is
* finds

>    important to understand that the above '__init__' method is
>    called when the DTML is actualy inserted into the DTML
* actually

>    object.  It is *compiled*.  It is interesting to know that
>    when you edit a DTML Method or Document, clicking on
>    'Change', thus commiting your changes to the object, is when
>    the various tag's '__init__' methods are called; this is
>    when the tag objects are instanciated.
* instantiated (unclear paragraph: when is it compiled? when executed?)

>    The 'render' method has two jobs, one, make sure than any
>    DTML tags that it contains get rendered, and then to take
>    all of that rendered text and encode stuff it into the
>    MIMEWriter object.  If any of the blocks had contained DTML,
>    then that DTML would have been executed with each iteration
>    around the 'for' loop 'render_blocks' was called on the
>    section of DTML.  By calling 'render_blocks' DTML tags can
>    be tested in themselves or other DTML tags.
* nested - general rewrite of this paragraph: "one... and then to"
  "encode stuff it"

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer