[ZDP] More Zope membership site comments

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 12:53:12 -0400

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> * It seems as if pressing a link in this site causes my browser to
> hang forever. If I then press the link again it tends to slow up
> very quickly. This is fairly consistent behavior across the site.

I suspect that it might be these Zope hangups that people have been
reporting.  I'm trying to make sure I restart it regularly over the
weekend until the guys get a chance to look at it on Monday.

> * I changed my password and then went to my personal folder. It came
> with an authorization error (while I was logged in). I was asked to
> feed in the password again. Both my new and my old password didn't
> work. I then left the site entirely (closed browser window) and tried
> again to log in from the start page. This worked (with new password),
> and I'm now in my personal folder.

I'm not surprised that there is a problem here.  Seems the whole idea of
changing passwords is really hard on the way membership authenticates
(that is, either cookie or basic).

I'll file a bug report.

--Paul