[ZDP] Start Implementation of ZDP

Stephan Richter SRichter@ixl.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:44:22 -0500

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> >Hm, you mean the high level design document? Write it in structured
> >text, XML, or HTML, doesn't really matter. Though I'd not pick HTML to
> >write any documents in, anymore, these days. :)
> >
> >What is expected from such a document?
>
> As like Martijn, I never written such specs/documents. At the moment I'm
> just doing these things like I think they should be done. Also, should be
> nice do know what is expected from these documents.

Each Use Case will describe a scenario. In the High-Level design you are taking
all of these scenarios and describe them in a non-technical overview. No
dtails, such as classes or specific system components need to be mentioned. Any
person should be able to read the paper and understand what the tool is about
and what its features are.
For example (even though it is not perfect):
When developing a standard (such as XML) and implementing it in a software you
are doing similar steps. First you create a standard (High-Level Design) which
lists and describes features. Second you think of how you want to implement the
standard in a software (Low-Level Design) and then you just write the code
(implementation).

I hope that clears some things up.

regards,
stephan