[ZDP] ZDP-Tools features

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:33:50 +0100

Hi !

There are some exciting new features available on the
ZDP homepage !

There are two new ZClasses:

   DocumentFolder
   Member

Please add a member object to the following folder:

   http://zdp.zope.org:8080/ZDP/members/login_name

When a visitor visits the member folder, he has a
link to the top right to send an email to the member,
while a logged in member will see a manage link.

Have a look at this DocumentFolder object:

   http://zdp.zope.org:8080/ZDP/projects/zdptools/

There is not much there yet, but I have prepared
some documentation, which I will put up there really
soon.
If you want your Documentation project look like this,
then just put it in a Folder which does not contain
an index_html method, but a content method. When
you are in Management mode, there are Management
buttons to the top right.
The look is not so important, but the search which
the DocumentFolder will make possible. There is
a new Catalog, with which you can search for the
documents.

   WhatTypeNeedsWhatRole
  (Search for DocumentFolders of a certain Type that
   have a certain Type and need a certain Role)

   WhatTypeWhatMaintainer (Search for DocumentFolders
   of a certain Type that have a certain Type and have a
   given Maintainer)

Please tell me what you think about the changes !

Maik Röder