[ZDP] Have fingers, will traverse

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 15:38:50 +0200

Chris Larson wrote:
[offers editing abilities]

Great! Editing abilities are very useful! I suggest looking at ZBook
(see zdp.zope.org) first. Tom Deprez is the main maintainer of this
project and welcomes feedback. Before you start to edit bits and pieces
of it it might be a good idea to query Tom Deprez (either directly or
through this list so that we all can listen in :) on what are the latest
updates of the text on the web. Since Tom continues to edit and extend
the texts, he may have a later version at home.

Most edited pieces should go through the ZDP list so that we can all
take a look and give some feedback. Tom will collect them and put them
up on the web.

Tom's text has gone through some amount of editing already, but I think
we can still go through a large amount of restructuring, editing for
consistency and style, partial rewriting for clarity, and extending it
of course. An obvious thing you can start with is that some parts of the
text aren't separated into paragraphs very well. The document is
continually evolving so don't be too shy!

I hope I haven't offended anyone by any implied criticism in my previous
paragraph, by the way. I think we (and Tom in particular) are doing
great work with it, but it can always get better. When we think it's
pretty near perfect we'll go to some publisher and publish it ;). To be
sure, if anyone is upset please post to the list or use private email
and I'll try explaining myself.

Perhaps it's time for a ZDP style guide. Anyone?

Regards,

Martijn