[ZDP] Re: [Zope] need help with IIS/ODBC

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:38:33 +0100

At 18:47 05/03/99 , Jay Ashton wrote:
>PS - Don't know if this info is helpful, but I noticed that (after I set up
>a valid System DSN) when my attempt to add a new Z ODBC DB Connection in my
>IIS/1.10.2 environ was flawed for whatever reason I would receive the
>cryptic 'HTTP Error 400 - Bad Request' from IIS. After some very quick
>poking around I noticed that even after selecting a valid dsn, flaws such
>as trying to add a connection with an ID already in use, or entering an
>invalid connection string would give this 400 error - whereas in my
>ZopeHTTPServer/1.9 environ I would receive relevant and helpful error
>messages in such situations... Wish I knew more about how to help fix...

I did notice today that IIS 4.0 seems to be the cullprit. Whenever Zope
returns a 400 error (like 'sorry, an error occured') IIS mangles that into
the 400 Bad Request error.
This means the traceback is also gone. *grmbl*. Just try and add a
Principia Draft and not specify an ID, and compare this to the message
returned when using ZopeHTTPServer. I think I'll switch to ZServer.

Maybe this should go into the FAQ... I'll cc to ZDP

BTW, I hereby retract the bug I reported to the Zope Collector regarding
ZODBC connections being broken. I forgot to fill in the ID :|. IIS mangles
the returned errormessage.

What is the procedure for retracting bug reports? mail support@digicool.com?

--
M.J. Pieters, Web Developer