[ZDP] Announcing the Zope Documentation Project

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 10:55:10 +0100

John Eikenberry wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> > I'm randomly assuming here you know more about DocBook SGML than I do,
> > so here I'm involuntarily inofficially  but you can back out of it
> > immediately appointing you the ZDP DocBook SGML expert. :)
>
> Well, I hate to say it, but I think your random assumption is misbegotten.

That is of course why it was a random assumption. :)

> I would love to be more of an SGML expert, that would make it much easier
> to translate my HTML mini-HOWTO to a SGML HOWTO.
>
> That said... I still might be willing to take on the job.

Great!

> I've been
> meaning to teach myself SGML for quite some time (in order to convert my
> mini-howto). I could use some help though... any other SGML people out
> there who'd be willing to lend me a hand (ie. answer my stupid newbie
> questions)?

Docbook SGML was one of the formats I was considering for the FAQ
'source'. I see now on the list however that people are working on a
special FAQ SGML format, it'd be good to hook up with those people too.
Find out what is going on with that and report back to the list, I
suppose. :)

As I mentioned earlier on the list, info on Docbook SGML can be found
at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/

Good luck, and thanks!

Martijn