[ZDP] New look ZDP site, and appeal for design input

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:00:30 +0100

Hello fellow Zopistii Documentarii,

Today the look of the ZDP site (http://zdp.zope.org) has been updated to
more closely resemble the Zope.org web site.

It is however maybe a bit too much like the Zope.org web site. I think this
can be solved with a slight redesign of the big Z logo on the top left of
every page. I am imagining the same logo, but adorned with some additions
that make it clear that you are now at the ZDP web site.

These adornments should of course be in line with the site's design. I am
thinking along the lines of an open book lying in front of the logo, or the
logo being itself a document. This logo would then also be the official ZDP
logo, used in all our communications.

I am not a designer though, and I would not like to impose my amateurish
photoshop dabblings on you all. So is there anyone out there that could do
this for us? You can pull the original logo of the ZDP website, or Zope.org
of course. It doesn't have to stay the same size, but do stay close to it.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer